As soon as the application closes on 1 December 2013, the selection process will start and takes place as follows:
1) For target group 1, the home institutions validate that the candidates applying are indeed registered at the home institution indicated in the application.
2) The partner universities assess their own incoming applications according to pre-defined criteria.
4) Based on assessments made by the partner universities, the EMINTE steering committee takes the decision on which candidates are to be selected. The selection seeks to find overall balance among the sending and receiving institutions, gender, prioritized fields of study, etc.
6) All candidates are informed about the result of their application via e-mail from the coordinating office. Foreseen time for notification: April/May 2014.
Note that you may be contacted by the universities you have applied for before you get the results of your scholarship application. Such contact may take place if you need to submit additional documents for matters of local admission, and does not mean that you have been selected for a scholarship. Only an official e-mail from the coordinating office should be considered the definite result of your application concerning the scholarship.
7) If you are nominated, you will be contacted by your host university who will follow up on the practical arrangements of the mobility. The host university’s local rules are applied for admission and exam procedures.
8) Reserves: Vacant spots resulting from drop-outs etc are filled by applicants according to criteria applied (target group, nationality, sending and receiving institutions, gender etc).
All students have to start their mobility at the latest when the academic term starts in the fall 2014. Post-doctorates need to start at the latest by 1 November 2014. Staff mobility can start later than this date. All mobility must be completed before July 2017.